[unav_all] Solicitation for Nominations for the UNAVCO Board of Directors and Nomination Committee– DEADLINE Sept 4, 2015
ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu
Thu Aug 20 18:56:16 MDT 2015
This fall, UNAVCO will hold its annual elections for its Board of Directors and Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee is soliciting suggestions for potential candidates for both. We encourage all members of the UNAVCO community to send self-nominations or colleague nominations for the 2016 Board and/or Nominating Committee to Ramon Arrowsmith, Nominating Committee chair (ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu<mailto:ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu>), and copied to Jaime Magliocca (magliocca at unavco.org<mailto:magliocca at unavco.org>). The nomination is deadline September 4, 2015. Details regarding both opportunities are given below.
Nominees for Board of Directors:
This year there are openings for:
· two (2) Board Members who are affiliated with UNAVCO Member Institutions. A Board Member may be a Member Representative.
· one (1) Board Member-at-Large. The Board Member-at-Large may be or may not be affiliated with a Member Institution, but cannot be a Member Representative.
Board Members serve a two-year term and are eligible for a second consecutive term before rotation.
A current list of Member Institutions is available at: http://www.unavco.org/community/membership/memberinstitutions.html .
The three current Board members whose terms will expire are:
· Rick Anthes (UCAR President Emeritus; At-large representative)
· Francisco (Paco) Gomez (University of Missouri; Institutional representative)
· Josh Roering (University of Oregon; Institutional representative)
Paco Gomez and Josh Roering are eligible for a second term, should they be nominated and willing.
The six Board members whose terms will continue this year are:
· Rebecca Bendick (University of Montana; Institutional representative)
· Peter La Femina (The Pennsylvania State University; Institutional representative)
· David Sandwell (University of California, San Diego; At-Large representative).
· Jeff Freymueller (University of Alaska; Institutional representative)
· Rowena Lohman (Cornell University; Institutional representative)
· Eric Fielding (Jet Propulsion Laboratory; At-Large Representative)
US government employees may serve as “non-voting observers” on UNAVCO committees, but may not serve on the UNAVCO Board. Some who work at government labs (e.g., JPL, etc.) are employed by a university rather than the government and thus are eligible to serve. IRIS, for example, has similar restrictions.
UNAVCO seeks a candidate pool that reflects the diversity of the UNAVCO community. Thus, we request nominations that represent a diversity of disciplinary and social perspectives. We further encourage nominations of junior scientists so as to engage the next generation of UNAVCO community scientists.
2016 promises to be an important year as UNAVCO develops a proposal for the recompetition of the facility by NSF in 2018.
Nominees for UNAVCO Nominating Committee: We also need nominees for two Nominating Committee positions that will be vacated by Sridhar Anandakrishnan and Mark Simons at the end of their present two-year terms. Continuing members on that committee include Ramon Arrowsmith and Roland Bürgmann (both serving the first year of a two-year term). This web link describes the committee’s charge: http://www.unavco.org/community/governance/committees/committees.html#nomination.
Sridhar Anandakrishnan, Mark Simons, Ramon Arrowsmith, and Roland Bürgmann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all