[unav_all] Faculty position in Cryosphere Science at Columbia University

Meredith Nettles nettles at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sun Feb 1 15:45:59 MST 2015

All,

A tenure-line faculty position in Cryosphere Science in the Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences (DEES) of Columbia University is now open.

Information about DEES and Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University can be found at http://eesc.columbia.edu and http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu, respectively.

If you have questions about the Cryosphere faculty position, please contact members of the Cryosphere search committee, listed below.

Faculty Position in Cryosphere Science
in the Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences and
the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University

The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences (DEES) of Columbia University invites applications for a faculty position in cryosphere science. Appointment can be at any rank from tenure-track assistant professor to tenured full professor, though there is a preference for junior applicants.

We welcome applications from outstanding scientists who study aspects of the cryosphere that will broaden our research and teaching portfolio.  Research interests include, but are not limited to: glacier or ice sheet dynamics, cryosphere response to climate change, ice-ocean interaction, climate-ice sheet modeling and interaction with the solid Earth, cryosphere biology and biogeochemistry, and/or subglacial hydrologic systems.

The successful applicant is expected to demonstrate or develop collaborative, interdisciplinary research programs addressing problems of global significance, and demonstrate strong teaching abilities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.

Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, statements of teaching and of research interests, and a list of 5 references using our online site: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=60352.

Review of applications will begin 01 March 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.

Cryosphere search committee:
Arnold Gordon <agordon at ldeo.columbia.edu>, Chair
Robin Bell <robinb at ldeo.columbia.edu>
Hugh Ducklow <hducklow at ldeo.columbia.edu>