[unav_all] [Fulbright Arctic Initiative - New Scholar Program]

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue Feb 3 11:03:26 MST 2015

View this email in a web page

Dear National Science Foundation Awardee,

I am writing to you with information about a new opportunity in the 2015-16 Fulbright Scholar Program that I thought might appeal especially to someone with your background and interests. Building on the strong existing network of Arctic Studies scholars and policy experts in the Fulbright Program, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is launching an interdisciplinary collaborative research initiative focused on the Arctic region. We encourage you to consider applying for this program and to share this information with your contacts and colleagues.

Using a collaborative model to translate theory into practice, program participants will address public-policy research questions relevant to Arctic nations’ shared challenges. Successful candidates will include scholars or practitioners active in the academic, public or private sectors that demonstrate outstanding qualifications and a record of experience and accomplishment in an area clearly related to one of the designated research themes: energy, health, infrastructure, and water. Applicants must be conducting current research relevant to the program's themes and objectives, be open to exploring and incorporating comparative, interdisciplinary approaches in their investigations, and interested in developing collaborative activities with other Fulbright Arctic Initiative Scholars. Particular consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate how their research project would involve governments, NGOs, businesses, and local communities.

Scholars will focus on collaborative work in multidisciplinary and multinational research teams, and will propose and carry out an individual Fulbright exchange element of up to two months in another Arctic Council member state: Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, or Russia. Selected scholars will also attend in-person seminars and participate in ongoing virtual communication, all supporting the scholars’ collaborative research projects.

The application deadline for U.S. Scholars is February 16, 2015. Eligibility information and application materials are available on our website: www.cies.org/arctic. Please direct specific questions to arctic at iie.org. Again, we would be grateful if you would forward this message to other interested colleagues and share through relevant associations and listservs.

Best wishes,

Fulbright Arctic Initiative Team

arctic_flyer__new_version_.pdf

CIES - Fulbright
1400 K Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
If you wish to be removed from this group's mailing list, click here