[unav_all] IUGG 2015 Symposium on Lithospheric Deformation

Kevin P Furlong kevin at geodyn.psu.edu
Sun Jan 18 09:37:06 MST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The 2015 IUGG General Assembly will be in Prague, Czech Republic at the  Prague Congress Centre June 22-July 2, 2015. Meeting information and abstract submission
links can be found at:

http://www.iugg2015prague.com/scientific-program.htm

 We call your attention to an interdisciplinary symposium cosponsored by IASPEI and IAG focused on Lithospheric Deformation. We hope that you can participate, and are able to submit an abstract by the January 31, 2015 abstract deadline.

JS4 Deformation of the Lithosphere: Integrating Seismology and Geodesy through Modelling (IASPEI, IAG)

Convener: Kevin Furlong, (University Park, USA (IASPEI))
Co-convener: Jeff Freymueller, (Fairbanks, USA (IAG))

Description: The past decade has witnessed significant advances in our capabilities to observe lithospheric deformation on a range of spatial and temporal scales. Improved tools for imaging earthquake rupture processes, and the combination of densified, continuous GPS (cGPS) networks with space-based and airborne direct observations of crustal deformation such as InSAR and LiDAR have led to substantial improvements in our understanding of lithospheric deformational processes. In this symposium we invite submissions reporting research involving the acquisition and analyses of seismologic and geodetic data, and the utilization of those data through modeling to map and quantify rates and patterns of lithospheric deformation. Of particular interest are (1) studies that integrate data sets and data types, (2) modeling of processes that span temporal ranges including the earthquake cycle and subsequent rupture, and (3) longer term processes that permanently deform the lithosphere.

Kevin Furlong
Geodynamics Research Group
Geosciences Penn State

814 863 0567 (office)