[unav_all] 2015 AGU Fall Meeting Session NH006: Data Diversity in Natural Hazards Research

Valerie Sahakian vjsahaki at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 8 12:12:09 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract to the NH006 Data Diversity in
Natural Hazards Research at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting.

Abstracts may be submitted via:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/preliminaryview.cgi/Session9166

*Invited Talks:*
*Graham Kent:* A 21st century approach to firefighting in the Western US:
How microwave-based seismic networks can change fire suppression from
reactive to proactive.
*Qingkai Kong:* Smartphone MEMS accelerometers for earthquake early warning.
*Carlos Oroza*: Design and optimization of wireless hydrologic
observatories for real-time drought monitoring with 7 years of data from
the Sierra Nevada.
*Oscar Yang:* Towards the Implementation of a GNSS-Based Tsunami Early
Warning System Using Ionospheric Measurements.

*Title:* Data Diversity in Natural Hazards Research, NH006
*ID:*    9166
In an increasingly data-rich world, combining observations is a fundamental
step for furthering understanding of and response to natural hazards. Use
of novel data types, processing methods, and integration techniques are key
to both improving our response to natural hazards, as well as to enriching
our knowledge of the underlying physical processes.

We invite presentations that showcase the use of novel data types, the
integration of data types across disciplines, and new techniques and
methods that study all natural hazards including earthquakes, storms,
fires, tsunamis, landslides, volcanic events, and drought.  Results that
highlight the advantages of these new methods and that study the ways in
which diverse datasets complement or contradict themselves are encouraged,
as well as studies that enhance our ability to identify and resolve the
limitations and epistemic uncertainty involved in working with these
datasets.

We look forward to your submissions!

Regards,
Valerie Sahakian and Diego Melgar