[unav_all] AGU Honors and UNAVCO

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue Jul 14 09:40:03 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

It is my great pleasure to tell you that Chuck Meertens has been named the recipient of the 2015 Ivan I. Mueller Award for Service and Leadership, by the AGU Geodesy Section.   This is a high honor, and well deserved.  Please join me in congratulating Chuck!

In addition, there are eight UNAVCO community scientists across six of AGU’s disciplinary sections and focus groups who will also be honored.
http://honors.agu.org/2015-agu-sfg-awardees-lecturers/

CRYOSPHERE FOCUS GROUP
Eric Rignot, University of California, Irvine - Nye Lecture

EARTH AND PLANETARY SURFACE PROCESSES FOCUS GROUP
Robert Anderson, University of Colorado, Boulder - G.K. Gilbert Award

HYDROLOGY SECTION
Emily Voytek, Colorado School of Mines - Horton Research Grant
Adam Wlostowski, Colorado State University - Horton Research Grant

GEODESY SECTION
Matt Pritchard, Geodesy Section Award
Charles Meertens, UNAVCO - Ivan I. Mueller Award for Service and Leadership
Daniel Dzurisin, USGS - William Bowie Lecture

JOINT AWARD: GEODESY, SEISMOLOGY, AND TECTONOPHYSICS SECTIONS
Robert Smith, University of Utah - Paul G. Silver Award

TECTONOPHYSICS SECTION
Kelin Wang, Geological Survey of Canada - Birch Lecture

Congratulations to all!

Best,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment/acknowledgment.html