[unav_all] AGU Session: (G006) Geodetic measurements of the Earth’s Elastic Response to Surface Mass Variability

Yuning Fu yfu at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 17 18:18:35 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to a Geodesy session (Session ID:
8225) “Geodetic measurements of the Earth’s Elastic Response to Surface
Mass Variability” at the 2015 AGU Fall meeting this year. Please consider
submitting an abstract, and forward the information to colleagues who may
be also interested in this session.

elastically, resulting in deformations of the crust and mantle
lithosphere. Modern geodetic tools, including GPS, InSAR, and Gravimetry
(including GRACE) can measure these types of lithosphere loading effects
at a high accuracy. Here, we invite presentations that bridge geodetic
observations (e.g. GPS, InSAR, GRACE, ICESat, cryosat-2) to elastic
processes to analyze mass movements on land, in the ocean, the cryosphere
and the atmosphere. This includes, but is not limit to, predicting surface
deformation based on numerical modeling or independent loading data, and
comparing it to the geodetic measurements. We particularly welcome
presentations making use of geodetic observed deformation in local- to
global-scale applications, to infer surface loading variations, decipher
elastic and non-elastic deformation signals, or aim at refining Earth
structure models. The session intends to enhance geodesy’s applications to
the fields of hydrology, cryospheric and solid Earth studies.

We are glad to have our invited authors:

Robert Dill, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for
Geosciences
Marie-Pierre Doin, ISTerre, CNRS, Univ. Joseph Fourier
Hilary Martens, California Institute of Technology
Tonie van Dam, University of Luxembourg

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/preliminaryview.cgi/Session8225

Best regards,

Conveners:
Yuning Fu, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech
Shfaqat Abbas Khan, Technical University of Denmark
Ingo Sasgen, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for
Geosciences