[unav_all] 3rd international summer school on Earthquake Science

yosuke aoki yaoki at eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Jun 2 23:18:36 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The Earthquake Research Institute of the University of Tokyo (ERI) and
the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) organize the 3rd
international summer school on Earthquake Science in September 4-8, 2015
at Lake Yamanaka, Japan. We encourage graduate students and postdocs in
the field of the international community to participate, and detailed
information is posted at:
http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/iSSEs2015

The theme this time is "monitoring physical properties associated with
tectonic processes", and three sessions on "seismic interferometry",
"crustal deformation", and "seismicity" will be programmed. There will
be about 10 keynote lecturers by leading scientists from various
research fields including geophysics, seismology, and geodesy, with
shorter presentations (and posters) by participants. We anticipate
participation of about 40 graduate students or postdocs from the
international community.

A limited number of support for lodging (and food) at the school site
will be available. For more detail, please visit the summer school WEB
site (detailed registration application information will be posted on
June 15).

Program committee:
K. Nishida, A. Kato, Y. Ito, V. Tsai, R. Lohman

Best Regards,
Yosuke Aoki

Yosuke Aoki / yaoki at eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo
1-1 Yayoi 1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0032, Japan
Phone: +81-3-5841-8283 Fax: +81-3-3812-6979
http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/yaoki/index.html