[unav_all] Fwd: Tenure-track position, Geodesy, University of Oregon

Josh Roering jroering at uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:52:23 MDT 2016

​*Assistant Professor in Geodesy (tenure-track)*
*Department of Earth Sciences, University of Oregon*

The Department of Earth Sciences (formerly Geological Sciences) at the
University of Oregon invites applications for a tenure-track faculty
position commencing Fall 2017 with a focus on the use of geodetic
techniques to study surface and subsurface Earth processes. We seek a
dynamic scientist who investigates one or more areas related to change
detection of geologic and environmental processes. Techniques may include
GPS, InSAR, terrestrial, airborne, or satellite LiDAR, radar altimetry,
gravity, or other methods. We are particularly interested in candidates who
study natural hazards, cryospheric processes, tectonics, geomorphology, or
hydrogeology. Expectations for the position include: 1) establishing an
active, externally funded research program, 2) supervising and mentoring
graduate and undergraduate students, and 3) teaching courses at the
undergraduate and graduate levels that contribute to and expand our core
and major curriculum. Competitive candidates will complement existing
strengths that include: surface processes, fault mechanics, coastal
oceanography, and cryosphere processes, as well as major departmental
initiatives in volcanology and earthquake early warning.

The application process requires candidates to submit a current CV,
research statement (2 page limit), teaching statement (2 pag
​​
e limit), and a statement of contributions to diversity (1 page limit), as
well as contact information for at least three references. Minimum
requirements at the time of appointment include completion of a PhD from an
accredited institution in geosciences, physics, engineering, or a related
field with a demonstrated research record in geodesy. Review of
applications will begin after Nov. 15, 2016, and will continue until a
suitable candidate is identified. Inquiries can be directed to:
uogeodesy at gmail.com

Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are
strongly desired.

More information about our department can be found at:
​ ​
​
http://geology.uoregon.edu
​
/

Applications can be submitted at:
​ ​
​
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/7498

The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the
​ ​
ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does
not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran
and disability status.​