[unav_all] UNAVCO Science Workshop: Call for demonstrations @ the EnGAGE Interactive Space

Shelley Olds olds at unavco.org
Mon Feb 22 07:57:47 MST 2016

 Dear UNAVCO Community,
Are you attending the UNAVCO Science Workshop (March 29 - 31)? We invite
you to showcase your hands-on demonstrations/ geodetic instruments/ models/
web tools at the EnGAGE Interactive Space during the UNAVCO Science
Workshop. This event will run concurrently with the Poster Sessions both
evenings of the Workshop.

*By March 1*, please send Shelley Olds (olds at unavco.org) an email with

   - Title and brief description of your hands-on demonstration/ geodetic
   instrument/ model/ web tool,
   - Floor-space needed, and
   - Whether a table, monitor, &/or power is needed.

You will be expected to staff your demonstration at least one evening so
you can talk about how you use the demonstration in your courses or events.
We will notify you by March 15 if we can accommodate all requests.

So far, the space will feature these demonstrations:
- New Septentrio GNSS PolaRx5 receiver
- Glacial isostacy using "flubber”
- Virtual reality sandbox
- Newest terrestrial laser scanner (TLS)
- Deformation terrarium

Please remember to register for the UNAVCO Science Workshop
<http://www.unavco.org/community/meetings-events/2016/sciworkshop16/registration.html>
!

Looking forward to an exciting Workshop!
Shelley Olds

~~~~^~~~~
Shelley Olds
Education & Community Engagement