[unav_all] URGENT: OSTP Request for Information on the Draft Common Framework for Earth Observation Data

Ransom, Barbara L. bransom at nsf.gov
Mon Jan 11 08:35:26 MST 2016

Forwarded for Barbara Ransom, NSF from Tim Stryker, OSTP;  please provide feedback on this important topic.
Many thanks,  Meghan

Dear All,

The President’s office  of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) has a plan for making earth observing systems more searchable and publicly accessible that it needs to have public comments on (please see links below).

I would be most grateful if you could help out and have your teams/organizational personnel look over and comment on this critical document ASAP.  If you can disseminate a request for others (or ask others you know who would be appropriate) to look this over and submit comments that would be super. If you can also send this out to your list servs so we can get as many responses as possible in the time allotted, that would also be great!

As always for OSTP, the timeline is short and they need comments no later than this coming Friday (Jan 15).  Please see what you can do.  Any efforts from you and your teams/communities would be most gratefully appreciated.

Barbara Ransom, PhD

Program Director, National Science Foundation
Directorate of Geosciences
Marine Geology and Geophysics
bransom at nsf.gov <mailto:bransom at nsf.gov>   (703) 292-7792