[unav_all] JVGR special issue on volcano geodesy

Poland, Michael mpoland at usgs.gov
Mon Jan 11 13:48:00 MST 2016

Dear colleagues,

To build on the very stimulating volcano geodesy session at AGU in
December, we intend to propose a Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal
Research (JVGR) special issue on the topic, which would be the first such
special issue since 2006 (also in JVGR -- volume 150, no. 1-3).  The goal
of the issue would be to highlight the progress that has been made over the
past decade by showcasing new volcano geodesy results, as well as recent
advances in techniques (including analysis, instrumentation, and
methodology).  We intend to submit a proposal to the journal by early
February.  If the proposal is accepted, we would aim for a manuscript
submission deadline of June.

As part of the proposal to JVGR, we need to submit a tentative list of
authors and manuscript titles.  We therefore ask that interested authors
please contact us by *January 31* with titles or subjects for manuscripts
they would like to submit to the special issue.  Contacting us does not
commit you to submitting a manuscript -- it is solely for the purposes of
demonstrating the potential composition of the issue for the journal
publishers.  Potential contributions are also not restricted to those that
took part in the AGU session, but are open to all interested scientists.

We hope you are interested in contributing to this opportunity to showcase
recent advances in volcano geodesy.  If you have any questions, need more
information, or want to submit your potential title/subject, please contact
Jose Fernandez (jft at mat.ucm.es).

We look forward to hearing from you,
Jose Fernandez
Antonio Pepe