[unav_all] Call-for-abstract for IASPEI-LACSC 2016, in Costa Rica
jfreymueller at alaska.edu
Fri Jan 15 10:35:40 MST 2016
Caribbean Plate Motion and Plate Boundaries
It is a pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract as a contribution to the IASPEI - Regional Assembly (Latin-American and Caribbean Seismological Commission - LACSC): “Caribbean Plate Motion and Plate Boundaries” session, that will be held from June 20 to 22, 2016, in Costa Rica (http://www.lacsc2016.com/ingles/index.html).
The motion of the Caribbean plate was difficult to define before the advent of modern space geodesy, because of its geometrically complex plate boundaries and limited spreading centers. Even today, Caribbean plate motion remains challenging to measure because so many potential measurement sites lie close to those boundaries; further research is needed to distinguish between rigid plate motion, long-term deformation, and elastic deformation surrounding active faults. A full understanding will require information from geodesy, earthquake seismology, and geology. Submissions related to all of these topics are solicited for this session
In addition to our session, there are several others of potential interest; please see http://www.lacsc2016.com/ingles/sessions.html for a complete list.
The deadline for submission is February 15, 2016.
Please forward this information among colleagues who may be interested in attending this session.
Looking forward to see you in Costa Rica.
- Jeff Freymueller, Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, jeff.freymueller at gi.alaska.edu
- Hector Mora-Paez, Colombian Geological Survey. hmora at sgc.gov.co
- James Kellogg, Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of South Carolina kellogg at geol.sc.edu
- Andrés Gorki Ruiz, Department of Geosciences State College, The Pennsylvania State University, agr132 at psu.edu
- Peter LaFemina, Department of Geosciences State College, The Pennsylvania State University, pcl11 at psu.edu
PS: We apologize for any multiple posting.
Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller Office: 907-474-7286
Geophysical Institute Cell: 907-378-7556
University of Alaska, Fairbanks Home: 907-479-3550
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7320 email: jfreymueller at alaska.edu
Download Alaska GPS data: ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/
More information about the unav_all