[unav_all] AGU session: Recent advances in the application of InSAR and high-resolution geodetic data for crustal deformation research

Manoochehr Shirzaei shirzaei at asu.edu
Thu Jul 7 00:16:11 MDT 2016

Dear All

The American Geophysical Union’s 49th annual Fall Meeting will be held
in San Francisco, California 12 – 16 December. I would like to draw your
attention to the following session.
*The deadline for abstract submissions is 3 August 2016. Find more
information at:
*
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm16/preliminaryview.cgi/Session13311

*Recent advances in the application of InSAR and high-resolution
geodetic data for crustal deformation research*

*Session ID#: *13311

In the past two decades the quality and quantity of data for measuring
and modeling crustal deformation due to faulting, volcanic and various
other processes have significantly increased. Modern geodetic data such
as time series of InSAR, GPS and LIDAR have led to dramatic increases in
temporal and spatial coverage and improved accuracies. We seek
submissions focused on methods and applications of InSAR for crustal
deformation monitoring and modeling. We particularly welcome
contributions that combine InSAR and GPS, and those that anticipate the
radical increase in data volumes from new SAR missions, such as
Sentinel, ALOS2 and UAVSAR, as well as high-rate GPS.

Primary Convener: *Manoochehr Shirzaei*, Arizona State University,
School of Earth and Space Exploration, Tempe, AZ, United States
Conveners: *Roland Burgmann*, University of California Berkeley,
Berkeley, CA, United States and *David P Bekaert*, University of Leeds,
Leeds, LS2, United Kingdom
*Co-Organized with: *Geodesy**, Natural Hazards, Tectonophysics, and
Volcanology, Geochemistry and Petrology

Best
Manoochehr

--