[unav_all] Search for new NSF Assistant Director for Geosciences

NSF Division of Earth Sciences jwade at NSF.GOV
Mon Mar 7 14:00:17 MST 2016

Forwarded from Jennifer Wade:

As described in the attached PDF, The National Science Foundation is initiating a search for a new Assistant Director for Geosciences (GEO).

NSF Director France Cordova states in her letter: "We seek your help in identifying candidates with the following qualifications: outstanding leadership; a deep sense of scholarship; a grasp of the issues facing the geosciences in the areas of research and education; experience developing and overseeing complex scientific facilities; and the ability to serve effectively as a key member of the NSF management team. Recommendations of individuals from any sector — academic, industry, or government — are welcome. The National Science Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our nation."

Please send your recommendations, including any supporting information that you can provide, to the AD/GEO Search Committee at geosrch at nsf.gov or talk to your Program Director about suggestions you might have.