[unav_all] WEGENER - 2nd Circular & Prize Announcement

wegener 2016 wegener.2016 at segal.ubi.pt
Tue May 3 15:46:29 MDT 2016

(our apologies for multiple posting or unrelated topic to you)

*WEGENER 2016*

*12-15 September 2016, Ponta Delgada, Portugal *
Following a tradition starting in the eighties, the WEGENER conference will
bring together scientists working on geodynamic and tectonic processes all
over the world. Abstracts are encouraged based on the following topics:

   - Current Plate Motions, Inter and Intraplate Deformation with a Focus
   on Europe, the Mediterranean, Africa and Middle East;
   - Continental Faulting and Earthquake Cycle;
   - Elastic surface displacements, surface and satellite  gravity
   observations, global and regional sea-level change;
   - Data and infrastructures, Instrumentation & Co-location for continuous
   monitoring of the changing Earth;
   - Transient signals in Geodetic Time Series: detection and modeling;
   - Magmatic Processes.

WEGENER 2016 will take place on an emblematic location: the Azores Triple
Junction, where Africa, North America, and Eurasia meet.
More information about important dates, venue and registration available at
the conference website: http://wegener.segal.ubi.pt/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are pleased to also announce that, with the support of
the Tourism of Azores, we will offer a special gift to the first 50
submitted abstracts.

Please, disseminate this announcement among your colleagues!

    The Organizing Committee