[unav_all] UNAVCO Network Outage

Doug Ertz dertz at unavco.org
Wed May 25 08:30:50 MDT 2016

On June 8, 2016 UNAVCO will be performing network maintenance beginning at
7:00 PM MDT.  We are currently estimating that the work being performed
should take less than 2.5 hours and be ending around 9:30 PM.

During this time, the Internet facing edge router is being replaced with a
redundant pair of routers, along with several switches.  Connectivity
between the public Internet and UNAVCO will be unavailable during this
time.   VPN access will also not be unavailable. Internal data access may
be disrupted temporarily as there will be some firewall testing going on
during the cutover.

Then on June 13th, we will be adding a second ISP provider for Internet
redundancy purposes. This event is currently scheduled to take place from
7:00 PM MDT to 9:30 PM.  During this time period Internet connectivity
maybe intermittently disrupted as we will be testing out our redundancy
capabilities.

Follow us on Twitter at @unav_it for the start, progress and restoration of
service updates.  You can also visit our calendar at *UNAVCO Data Systems
Maintenance Activities
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=unavco.org_amgg9dbon80uhegmmbo1pu9di8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Denver>
see all upcoming planned maintenance events.

Douglas J. Ertz
Project Manager III, UNAVCO
6350 Nautilus Drive
Boulder, CO 80301-5394