[unav_all] US-Japan earthquake research - your contributions?

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue Oct 4 16:30:34 MDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

The U.S. and Japanese earthquake science communities meet to exchange advancements in understanding of earthquake and tsunami related science, hazards and risks; alternately in the US and Japan.   The Panel on Earthquake Research operates under the United States-Japan Cooperative Program in Natural Resources (UJNR), led by the USGS and their peer organization in Japan.

Because of my position, I participate in this protocol, and will be attending the joint meeting in California next month, as will some of you.  I have promised to present the advancements of the UNAVCO community relevant to understanding earthquakes and the earthquake cycle, and I would welcome your recent earthquake-related science contributions.  Please send me relevant references or slides.

If you are attending the meeting and presenting a poster, I can include a summary slide that points to your poster, if that would be helpful.

I also welcome any communications that you wish brought to the attention of the international delegation, on behalf of the UNAVCO community

Warm regards,