[unav_all] August 2017 - workshop: Using high resolution topography, UAVs, and GPS in undergraduate field education

Donna Charlevoix donnac at unavco.org
Mon Apr 10 08:48:19 MDT 2017

Using high resolution topography, UAVs, and GPS in undergraduate field education

The goal of this workshop is to equip instructors of geoscience courses with field components with the knowledge and skills needed to integrate analysis of high-resolution topography into their courses Space in the short course is limited so please complete your application thoughtfully. We are seeking a cohort from diverse institutions and courses with field components (both summer courses and academic year field experiences). If you have experience in using or teaching any element of geodetic field methods, please highlight that experience, as we will also be looking for people who can share their knowledge.

Application Deadline: Monday, April 24, 2017.

Instructors: Beth Pratt-Sitaula and Chris Crosby (UNAVCO)
Audience: Teaching faculty and instructional staff
Dates: 15-18 August, 2017
Location: UNAVCO Headquarters, Boulder, CO
For more information please visit the workshop web page <http://www.unavco.org/education/professional-development/short-courses/2017/field-education/field-education.html>.

A list of all UNAVCO short courses for 2017 <http://www.unavco.org/education/professional-development/short-courses/2017/2017.html> is available online.

Donna Charlevoix, Director
UNAVCO <http://www.unavco.org/> Education & Community Engagement