[unav_all] IAG Symposium G01 "Reference Frames" in Kobe: Abstract Deadline extended to Feb 21.

Geoffrey Blewitt gblewitt at unr.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:28:05 MST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The abstract submission deadline has been extended to February 21 for
the joint scientific assembly
of IAG and IASPEI, to be held from July 30 to August 4, 2017, in Kobe,
Japan.  Various symposia
(7 IAG, 27 IASPEI and 9 joint symposia) were proposed.  Plenary lectures
will be delivered by
Kosuke Heki (Hokkaido University), Barbara Romanowicz (UC Berkeley) and
Manabu Hashimoto
(Kyoto University) during the opening ceremony. Half-day (morning) field
trips to Nojima Fault
Museum (preservation of surface fault of the 1995 Kobe earthquake) are
planned during the
assembly. More details are found at the assembly website
http://iag-iaspei-2017.jp/[iag-iaspei-2017.jp]

If you haven't already done so, this is your opportunity to consider
participating in the IAG symposia
in Kobe.  As co-convenors, we are specifically soliciting abstracts to
our IAG Symposium G01 "Reference Frames",  described below. Abstracts
relating to reference frames are welcome from all researchers
irrespective  of IAG affiliation.

Note that in this four-year cycle of IAG's structure, IAG Commission 1
on "Reference Frames" is now
addressing a very broad variety of topics related to reference frames,
including (for example) relativistic
geodesy, co-location using common parameters in space, co-location using
clocks and new sensors,
troposphere ties, next generation reference frames, environmental
We therefore would especially encourage abstract submission from all of
you working with Commission 1,
including the many subcommissions and their working groups, joint study
groups, and joint working groups.

Please find more information on IAG Commission 1 at
http://iag.geo.tuwien.ac.at/c1/[iag.geo.tuwien.ac.at]

Thank you for considering your participation at Kobe in July/August!

(With apologies for cross-posting).

Geoffrey Blewitt, Johannes Böhm, Zuheir Altamimi, and Carine Bruyninx
Session Convenors

---------------

IAG Symposium G01 Reference frames

Conveners:
Geoffrey Blewitt (University of Nevada, USA)
Johannes Böhm (Vienna Technical University, Austria)
Zuheir Altamimi (IGN, France)
Carine Bruyninx (Royal Observatory of Belgium, Belgium)

Reference systems and frames are of primary importance for Earth science
based research, satellite navigation as well as for practical
applications in geo-information. A precisely defined reference frame is
needed for an improved understanding of the Earth's rotation and its
gravity field, sea level change with time, tectonic plate motion and
deformation, glacial isostatic adjustment, geocenter motion, deformation
due to Earthquakes, local subsidence and other crustal displacements. We
invite presentations dealing with theoretical aspects and the practical
realization of reference frames, as well as their application for
research tasks like those mentioned above. Further emphases of the
session are on global terrestrial and regional reference frames,
celestial reference frames, and the co-location of space geodetic
techniques on ground and in space.