[unav_all] Session on fault-zone deformation processes at IAG-IASPEI 2017 in Kobe, Japan

HIROSE, Hitoshi hitoshi.hirose at ruby.kobe-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 16 02:57:34 MST 2017

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce a session at IAG-IASPEI 2017 in Kobe, Japan.

IAG-IASPEI 2017 will be held from July 30 to August 4 at the Kobe
International Conference Center.

http://www.iag-iaspei-2017.jp/

Please consider to submit your abstract to the session:

J06 The spectrum of fault-zone deformation processes (from slow slip to
earthquake)

Description
The aim of this session is to bring together the latest, cutting-edge
work on the spectrum of fault-zone deformation processes and slip
behaviors. We welcome contributions on slow deformation and fast fault
slip that will improve our understanding of fault creep, slow slip
events, tectonic tremor, episodic tremor and slip, very low-frequency
earthquakes, and ordinary earthquakes. The session will highlight
linkages between slow and fast fault slip (earthquakes) and explore
scaling relationships for the observed spectrum of fault slip behaviors.
Contributions from all areas are welcome, including geophysical and
geodetic observations, studies of fault zone structure, laboratory
experiments, geological surveys, theoretical works, and numerical studies.

Abstract submission deadline: February 8, 2017

Best regards,

Hitoshi Hirose (Kobe University)
Yoshihiro Ito (Kyoto University)
Chris Marone (Pennsylvania State University)