[unav_all] IAG Symposium G01 "Reference Frames" in Kobe: Abstract Deadline Feb 8

Geoffrey Blewitt gblewitt at unr.edu
Wed Jan 18 11:36:30 MST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

As you may be aware, February 8 is the abstract deadline for the
IAG-IASPEI Joint Scientific Assembly to be held from July 30 to August 4
in Kobe, Japan, with details given in the web site
http://www.iag-iaspei-2017.jp

Please consider submitting an abstract to  IAG Symposium G01 "Reference
Frames", described below.   Abstracts relating to reference frames are
welcome from all researchers irrespective of IAG affiliation.

Note that in this four-year cycle of IAG's structure, IAG Commission 1
on "Reference Frames" is now addressing a very broad variety of topics
related to reference frames, including (for example) relativistic
geodesy, co-location using common parameters in space, co-location using
clocks and new sensors, troposphere ties, next generation reference
frames, environmental loading effects, etc.   We therefore would
especially encourage abstract submission from all of you working with
Commission 1, including the many subcommissions and their working
groups, joint study groups, and joint working groups.

Please find more information on IAG Commission 1 at
http://iag.geo.tuwien.ac.at/c1/

Thank you for considering your participation at Kobe in July/August!

(With apologies for cross-posting).

Geoffrey Blewitt, Johannes Böhm, Zuheir Altamimi, and Carine Bruyninx
Session Convenors

---------------

IAG Symposium G01 Reference Frames

Conveners:
Geoffrey Blewitt (University of Nevada, USA)
Johannes Böhm (Vienna Technical University, Austria)
Zuheir Altamimi (IGN, France)
Carine Bruyninx (Royal Observatory of Belgium, Belgium)

Reference systems and frames are of primary importance for Earth science
based research, satellite navigation as well as for practical
applications in geo-information. A precisely defined reference frame is
needed for an improved understanding of the Earth's rotation and its
gravity field, sea level change with time, tectonic plate motion and
deformation, glacial isostatic adjustment, geocenter motion, deformation
due to Earthquakes, local subsidence and other crustal displacements. We
invite presentations dealing with theoretical aspects and the practical
realization of reference frames, as well as their application for
research tasks like those mentioned above. Further emphases of the
session are on global terrestrial and regional reference frames,
celestial reference frames, and the co-location of space geodetic
techniques on ground and in space.

--
Geoff Blewitt, Professor
University of Nevada, Reno

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn’t be called research.