[unav_all] AGU Fall Meeting Session G007. Geodetic Measurements of the Earth's Elastic Response to Surface Mass Variability

Yuning Fu yfu at bgsu.edu
Thu Jul 13 17:15:39 MDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our geodesy session “G007. Geodetic Measurements of the Earth's Elastic Response to Surface Mass Variability”. Please consider submitting an abstract to this session, and forwarding this message to your colleagues.

Abstract submission deadline: 2 August, 2017.

Session Description:
The elastic response of the Earth’s crust to surface mass variations results in deformation and stress changes that are resolvable with advanced modeling techniques. Modern geodetic tools, such as GPS, InSAR, and Gravimetry, can measure lithosphere deformation with high-accuracy. This session intends to incorporate geodesy’s applications to hydrology, cryosphere, seismology, and solid Earth studies. We invite presentations that bridge geodetic observations of surface deformation using elastic loading theory and the resulting stress changes from mass movement on land, ocean, cryosphere, and atmosphere. This includes, but is not limit to, studies that calculate surface deformation with numerical models, or acquire independent loading data, and compare with the geodetic measurements. In particular we welcome presentations using geodetic deformation measurements at the local- to global-scale to investigate loading processes, decipher elastic and non-elastic deformation signals, refine Earth structure models, or discuss correlation between surface deformation and seismically inferred stress changes in the crust.
Invited Speakers:
Surendra Adhikari, JPL
Kristel Chanard, IGN

Conveners:
Yuning Fu, Bowling Green State University
Shfaqat Abbas Khan, Technical University of Denmark
Ingo Sasgen, Alfred-Wegener-Institute Bremerhaven
Christopher W Johnson, Berkeley Seismological Lab