[unav_all] PhD opportunities in Singapore (sea-level change, coastal hazards, subduction earthquake geology)

Aron Meltzner (Dr) meltzner at ntu.edu.sg
Wed Nov 22 03:44:13 MST 2017

Fully-funded PhD opportunities are available in the Asian School of the Environment<http://ase.ntu.edu.sg/> and the Earth Observatory of Singapore<http://earthobservatory.sg/>, at Nanyang Technological University<http://ntu.edu.sg/>, in Singapore.

Our focus is on natural hazards in Southeast Asia, and these PhD opportunities will involve aspects of regional geological research and/or modeling of geological data.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

  *   sea-level change
  *   coastal hazards
  *   earthquake geology and neotectonics (with emphasis on subduction zones of Southeast Asia)

There are two intakes of PhD students annually, in January and in August.  The deadline for the submission of applications is 31st January for the August intake, and 31st July for the following January intake.

We strongly encourage those interested to contact potential faculty advisors prior to applying.

For more information on this announcement of opportunity, please contact any of the following:

  *   Professor Ben Horton:  bphorton at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:bphorton at ntu.edu.sg>
  *   Associate Professor Adam Switzer:  aswitzer at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:aswitzer at ntu.edu.sg>
  *   Dr. Aron Meltzner:  meltzner at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:meltzner at ntu.edu.sg>

Ben Horton and Aron Meltzner will be at AGU all week.  We would be happy to meet with potential applicants during the meeting.

---

For more information:

http://ase.ntu.edu.sg<http://ase.ntu.edu.sg/>
http://ase.ntu.edu.sg/programmes/phd

http://earthobservatory.sg<http://earthobservatory.sg/>
http://earthobservatory.sg/research-group/sea-level-research-benjamin-horton
http://earthobservatory.sg/research-group/coastal-lab-adam-switzer
http://earthobservatory.sg/project/paleoseismology-and-paleogeodesy-sumatran-subduction-zone
http://earthobservatory.sg/project/constraining-short-%C2%AD-and-long-%C2%ADterm-tectonic-deformation-above-manila-trench-western-luzon

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.