[unav_all] Multiple Faculty Positions in Solid Earth Geosciences and Planetary Sciences

Andrew Newman anewman at gatech.edu
Fri Apr 27 14:20:59 MDT 2018

The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS, www.eas.gatech.edu)
at Georgia Tech invites applications for two tenure-track faculty
positions in solid earth geosciences and one tenure-track faculty
position in planetary and space sciences. Applicants will be considered
at all ranks. For the solid earth geosciences positions, we are looking
for broad-minded geoscientists with interests that complement our
current geophysical strengths in geodesy, geomorphology, glaciology,
seismology, computational methods, planetary and space sciences. For the
planetary and space science position, we invite candidates who will
build a competitive research program that complements or extends the
strengths of our ongoing planetary and space research, and who bridge
connections within geophysics and ongoing and future missions through
observational, theoretical, or modeling approaches. We seek individuals
who are interested in working in a dynamic and interdisciplinary
university that includes a diverse group of planetary and space, earth,
ocean, and atmospheric sciences, and many top-ranked engineering
programs. Candidates are expected to demonstrate an exceptional
commitment to teaching and mentoring of students.

Georgia Institute of Technology, located in the diverse, and thriving
metropolis of Atlanta, is consistently a top ranked educational and
research institution. Georgia Tech prides itself on its engineering
resources, collaborations, its quantitative and rigorous undergraduate
student body, and its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Applicants should send an application letter, curriculum vitae, a
statement of research interests, a description of their teaching
interests and their advising/mentoring philosophy, and the names and
contact information for at least three references. Application materials
should be submitted as PDF files via Academicjobsonline.org. Requests
for information should be directed to earthplanet_search at eas.gatech.edu.
Applications will be considered beginning October 1, 2018 but the search
will continue until the positions are filled. An earned doctorate is
required by the start of the appointment. Georgia Tech is an equal
education/employment opportunity institution dedicated to building a
diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. Georgia Tech
has policies to promote a healthy work-life balance and is aware that
attracting faculty may require meeting the needs of two careers.

Andrew V. Newman                anewman at gatech.edu
Professor, Cullen-Peck Fellow
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Georgia Institute of Technology
311 Ferst Drive               Office: 404-894-3976
ES&T, Room 2254                  Fax: 404-894-5638
Atlanta, GA, 30332-0340
http://geophysics.eas.gatech.edu/anewman