[unav_all] Reminder: Solicitation for Nominations for the UNAVCO Board of Directors – DEADLINE: September 7, 2018
ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu
Tue Aug 28 12:18:38 MDT 2018
This fall, UNAVCO will hold its annual elections for the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee is soliciting nominations for potential candidates for both. We encourage all members of the UNAVCO community to send self-nominations or nominations of colleagues for the 2019 Board and/or Nominating Committee to Ramón Arrowsmith, Nominating Committee chair (ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu<mailto:ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu>), and copied to Jaime Magliocca magliocca at unavco.org<mailto:magliocca at unavco.org>. The nomination deadline is September 7, 2018. Details are given below.
Nominees for Board of Directors:
This year there are openings for:
* Four (4) Board Members who are affiliated with UNAVCO Member Institutions. An institutional Board Member may be a Member Representative.
* Two (2) Board Members-at-Large. The Board Member-at-Large may be or may not be affiliated with a Member Institution, but cannot be a Member Representative.
Board Members serve a two-year term and are eligible for a second consecutive term before rotation.
A current list of Member Institutions is available at: http://www.unavco.org/community/membership/members/members.html
Current incumbents whose terms are not expiring:
· Andrea Donnellan (Jet Propulsion Laboratory; Institutional Representative)
· Nancy Glenn (Boise State University; Institutional Representative)
· John La Brecque (IUGG GeoRisk Commission; GGOS Geohazards Monitoring Focus Area; Center for Space Research U. Texas Austin; At-Large Representative)
· Laura Wallace (University of Texas Institute of Geophysics and GNS Science; At-Large Representative)
Current incumbents whose terms ARE expiring, but are eligible for re-election:
· Falk Amelung (University of Miami, RSMAS; Institutional Representative)
· Lucy Flesch (Purdue University; Institutional Representative)
· Ed Nissen (University of Victoria; At-Large Representative)
· Terry Wilson (The Ohio State University; Institutional Representative)
Current incumbents whose terms ARE expiring, and are NOT eligible for re-election:
· Jeff Freymueller (Michigan State University; Institutional Representative)
US government employees may serve as “non-voting observers” on UNAVCO committees, but may not serve on the UNAVCO Board. Some who work at government labs (e.g., JPL) are employed by a university rather than the government and thus are eligible to serve. IRIS, for example, has similar restrictions.
UNAVCO seeks a candidate pool that reflects the diversity of the UNAVCO community. Thus, we request nominations that represent a diversity of disciplinary, social and institutional perspectives.
UNAVCO also seeks a board slate free of conflicts or apparent conflicts of interest, in light of the fiduciary responsibility of the board. This is best achieved by ensuring that board members are free of institutional award or subaward relationships that create competition against UNAVCO, or that may create an appearance of conflict or favoritism. Proposals and awards that are aligned with UNAVCO’s purpose, for instance to enhance facility support, community activities/workshops, and PI support, do not constitute a conflict.
Nominees for UNAVCO Nominating Committee: UNAVCO also seeks candidates for two Nominating Committee positions.
Incumbents whose terms are expiring:
· Ramon Arrowsmith (Arizona State University)
· Jessica Murray (USGS)
Incumbents whose terms are NOT expiring:
· Julie Elliott (Purdue University)
· Karen Luttrell (Louisiana State University)
This committee has staggered two-year terms.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all