[unav_all] Fwd: Advertisement for EAR Division Director search - posting for UNAVCO mailing lists

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Fri Jan 12 13:29:15 MST 2018

Colleagues,

I forward this message on behalf of the EAR Division Director Search Committee, named below.   The committee seeks strong candidates for this important position, and has requested assistance in bringing this to your attention.  Please consider applying or spreading the word.

Best,
Meghan

The National Science Foundation is seeking applicants for the position of Division Director for Earth Sciences (EAR) in the Geosciences Directorate. We are using every possible avenue to ensure this vacancy announcement is widely advertised and attracts a very diverse pool of highly qualified candidates. We encourage you to consider this potential opportunity to serve as the leader of the EAR Division at NSF, and for application details refer you to:

http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483044300 <http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483044300>

The closing date is January 31, 2018.  Please note that the federal employment application process is different than that in academia, therefore in addition to your resume and general application, it is strongly recommended that you provide a written narrative to address the itemized Executive Qualifications and Professional/Technical Qualifications as outlined in the application materials available at the USAJobs link above.

If this opportunity does not fit your current professional or personal situation, but you have recommendations of colleagues whom you believe would be strong candidates, please encourage them to apply. We also encourage you to pass along your recommendations to the Search Committee (listed below), and we will contact potential candidates directly.

Members of the Search Committee are also available to answer questions you may have.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide us in ensuring NSF selects the most highly skilled and visionary leaders.

Sincerely,

Search Committee: Rick Murray (rwmurray at nsf.gov <mailto:rwmurray at nsf.gov>; Chair), Greg Anderson (greander at nsf.gov <mailto:greander at nsf.gov>), Irene Qualters (iqualter at nsf.gov <mailto:iqualter at nsf.gov>), Dena Smith (dmsmith at nsf.gov <mailto:dmsmith at nsf.gov>), Jenn Wade (jwade at nsf.gov <mailto:jwade at nsf.gov>), Jonathan Wynn (jwynn at nsf.gov <mailto:jwynn at nsf.gov>).