[unav_all] 2018 AGU Fall Meeting Session T006 - Call for Abstracts

Jaime Magliocca jmaglio at unavco.org
Fri Jul 13 11:18:36 MDT 2018

**On behalf of Curtis Baden**

Dear colleagues,

My co-conveners and I would like to draw your attention to the following session at the AGU 2018 Fall Meeting in Washington, D.C. As a reminder, this year's abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, August 1st, at 11:59 pm.

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/53156 <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/53156>

T006: Bridging Earthquakes and Earth Structure: Reconciling deformation observed over geologic and geodetic timescales
Session ID: 53196

Session Description:
Deformation constrained by geodetic and geologic observations may or may not agree with one another, because these measures archive the response of Earth's crust to loading over vastly different timescales.  For example, geodetic measures of deformation may record elastic bending, viscoelastic flow of the crust and mantle, and interseismic fault-zone creep, while geologic observations may additionally represent the effects of plastic yielding and changes in structural geometries that attend sustained loading over these longer time-scales.

We solicit submissions that address, quantify, and compare deformations measured over timescales ranging from seconds to millions of years. We welcome contributions that combine numerical models with geologic, thermochronologic, geomorphic, paleoseismologic, and geodetic measures of deformation and/or exhumation, which together may provide insight into the processes responsible for deformation over these different time-scales.

Conveners:
Curtis Baden, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Johanna Nevitt, USGS, Menlo Park, CA, USA
George Hilley,  Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Kaj Johnson, Indiana University Bloomington, Bloomington, IN, USA

Thank you for your consideration,

Curtis Baden