[unav_all] AGU 2018 Session G005 "Earth Science Research and Change Detection Using Multi-temporal LiDAR and SfM"

Okyay, Unal uokyay at central.uh.edu
Thu Jul 19 12:34:58 MDT 2018

​​
Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce our session, “Earth Science Research and Change
Detection Using Multi-temporal LiDAR and SfM” (G005), at the 2018 AGU Fall
Meeting (10-14 December, 2018).  We invite you to submit an abstract and to
inform colleagues who may have an interest in this session. See the links
below for abstract submissions and more details about the
session. Abstracts are due on August 1, 2018.

*G005: Earth science research and change detection using multi-temporal
LiDAR and SfM*

Capturing Earth’s surface in 3D, LiDAR and SfM have found widespread
application and driven fundamental advances in the Earth sciences and are
becoming more prevalent as technology and accessibility improve.

Repeat collections of these datasets are currently used increasingly
throughout the disciplines of geomorphology, to study processes including
morphodynamics, mass wasting and earthquake surface displacement and
damage, and forestry, to study wildfire effects and carbon flux. They have
also been used selectively in volcanology and cryosphere science. We aim to
bring together researchers from different Earth science sub-disciplines who
use LiDAR and SfM to conduct change detection research. While the
challenges of using repeat data for monitoring Earth surface dynamics and
many of the techniques for quantifying change are highly
cross-disciplinary, the research questions in each of these sub-disciplines
are unique. This session will explore the processing approaches and
outcomes of studies using repeat LiDAR and SfM throughout the Earth
sciences.

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2018/abstract-submissions/

*Jan Eitel, *University of Idaho
* Edwin Nissen, *University of Victoria
* Unal Okyay, *University of Houston
* Jennifer Telling, *University of Houston