[unav_all] AGU Session G001

Michael John Willis mike.willis at Colorado.EDU
Fri Jul 27 08:03:20 MDT 2018

Dear Colleagues

If you are going to AGU we encourage you to submit to the session: G001- An Ongoing Transformation: High Resolution Topography in the Geosciences

The Keynotes will be by Bill Barhart (UIowa) and Ian Howat (OSU)

Session Description:
We are in the midst of a digital topographic revolution. Sensors aboard satellite, airborne, UAS (drone), and terrestrial platforms provide high-resolution topographic observations at unprecedented temporal and spatial scales. Advances in automated processing pipelines and computing platforms are transforming the rate at which the evolving surface of the planet can be observed and analyzed. We welcome contributions that use or develop surface elevation time-series from radar or optical imaging (i.e. photogrammetry, structure-from-motion (SfM), lidar) to examine dynamic natural processes or human actions that shape the surface of the Earth. We invite submissions from a variety of disciplines, including investigations of processes that occur at the boundaries of domains, for example, between the oceans and ice sheets, across coastal environments, and at the transition from urbanized areas to rural hinterlands. Studies of cascading hazards, land use changes or climate driven geomorphological changes are particularly encouraged.

Any studies concerning changing topography are welcome

Thank you for your time,

Mike Willis

Assistant Professor of Geodesy and Remote Sensing

CIRES and Department of Geological Sciences

University of Colorado, Boulder