[unav_all] Last call 2018 AGU session: " T036, Seismo-tectonic processes along active Latin American margins: earthquakes and aseismic signatures".

Jorge Jara jara at biotite.ens.fr
Tue Jul 31 09:44:07 MDT 2018

Dear colleagues:

We have the pleasure to announce you an AGU fall meeting session called: T036, Seismo-tectonic processes along active Latin American margins: earthquakes and aseismic signatures.
It is a session organized by the tectonophysics section and co-organized by the geodesy and seismology sections. We are looking for contributions related to studies about seismo-tectonic processes along Latin American margins, in particular on the following subjects: (1) analysis of earthquakes occurred during the recent years, (2) interplay between aseismic slip and seismicity (3) relationship between deformation process and earthquake cycle, and (4) effects of subduction processes on crustal faults. Observational studies, as well as insights from mechanical and numerical modeling, are encouraged.

The confirmed invited speakers for this session are:

- Shannon Graham, from Boston College Chesnut, USA
- Hiroo Kanamori, from Seismological Laboratory at Caltech, USA.

So we invite you to participate in this session, remembering tomorrow is the official deadline to submit abstracts  (August 1st, 2018, 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT).

Looking forward to seeing you in Washington by the end of the year!

Kind Regards

Jorge Jara, Ecole Normale Supérieure, France
William Franck, University of Southern California, US
Mathilde Radiguet, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
Sergio Ruiz, Universidad de Chile, Chile
---
Jorge Jara Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Researcher
École Normale Supérieure