[unav_all] Two jobs at COMET/Leeds

Tim Wright [SEE] T.J.Wright at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jun 4 04:47:22 MDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

We are currently seeking two PDRAs to join the COMET research team at Leeds:

  1.  Research Fellow in Volcano Geophysics (24 month position)
https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=ENVEE1257

We are seeking a Post-doctoral Research Fellow to join the NERC Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics (COMET), and contribute to the major European research project EUROVOLC: European Network of Observatories and Research Infrastructures for Volcanology. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly numerate scientist who will work on aspects of integrating deformation, seismicity and gas measurements at volcanoes, through physics-based modelling. Data from active volcanoes in Iceland and Italy will serve as case studies. There will be potential to develop research beyond this goal, depending on specific research outcomes or interests.

  1.  Scientific Algorithm Developer and Programmer: InSAR  (20 month position)
https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=ENVEE1256

We are seeking a skilled scientific code developer with experience in development or implementation of InSAR algorithms. In this role, you will collaborate with the existing scientific teams as part of COMET and the Looking Inside the Continents from Space project. This is a particularly important role in the light of the increase in the availability, volume, frequency and quality of Earth observation data since the launch of ESA’s Sentinel-1 satellites in 2014. You will be part of the team developing the COMET-LiCS Sentinel-1 processing system that is serving interferograms and derived products to the community (http://comet.nerc.ac.uk/COMET-LiCS-portal/).

Closing date 20 June 2018.

For further information, please contact Tim Wright (t.j.wright at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:t.j.wright at leeds.ac.uk>) or Andy Hooper (a.hooper at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:a.hooper at leeds.ac.uk>).

Best wishes

Tim and Andy