[unav_all] 2018 AGU Session NS010 Near-surface geophysics for anthropogenic targets

Linda Rowan rowan at unavco.org
Tue Jun 26 10:36:31 MDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following session at the AGU
2018 Fall Meeting in Washington, D.C. and encourage submissions as
appropriate. The abstract deadline is Wednesday, 1 August 23:59 EDT.

NS010 <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/44369>
Near-surface geophysics for anthropogenic targets
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/44369

Anthropogenic targets are broadly defined and broadly studied types of
geophysical targets with relevance in fields from archaeology to
geotechnical engineering.  We invite investigations of these targets -
forensic, archaeological, engineering, UXO, and landmines - from a variety
of angles: numerical studies, laboratory experiments, instrumentation,
interpretation, and processing.  We encourage cross-disciplinary and
multi-method surveys with the shared aim of resolution of small (less than
tens of meters) near surface targets in a variety of challenging
environments.

   Primary Convener
      - Isabel Mae Morris
      <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Person/627112>