Lecturer in Spatial Sciences and 3D Analysis - application deadline extended to Jan 12

Matt King matt.king at utas.edu.au
Thu Dec 19 04:58:55 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues

Please consider, or pass on, the following ongoing academic position that is available following a recent retirement. It would suit an early career researcher working on point clouds / terrestrial laser scanning. A Lecturer position is quite similar to a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the US system with expectations of teaching, research and service.

Lecturer in Spatial Sciences and 3D Analysis at the University of Tasmania, Australia
https://careers.utas.edu.au/cw/en/job/494139/lecturer-in-spatial-sciences-and-3d-analysis

Surveying and Spatial Sciences at the University of Tasmania is the top-ranked 'Geomatic Engineering' research group in Australia and makes substantial research contributions into Physical Geography, Geophysics, Ecology and Oceanography, and a global top-100 ranked University in Remote Sensing. We teach undergraduate and postgraduate surveying and spatial sciences degrees and supervise research higher degree students. The successful applicant will contribute to the research activities of the group and play a significant role in teaching and coordinating units in the School's undergraduate and postgraduate surveying and spatial sciences courses.
Applications close Jan 12, just before midnight Australian Eastern Summer Time. We expect to short list and interview in mid-January 2020 with commencement ideally by mid-2020. With this appointment we are particularly interested in increasing the diversity of our discipline workforce. We have endeavoured to make our workplace more inclusive by including support for staff who have career breaks and support for flexible working arrangements. Tell us how we can make this job work for you.

Your Application

To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
*         A PhD or equivalent in the Spatial Sciences or a closely-related field.
*         Relative to opportunity, a continuing commitment to research that has achieved national or international recognition and made worthwhile contributions, demonstrated by recent quality publications, in terrestrial laser scanning and the processing, analysis and modelling of high-resolution point cloud data in natural and/or built environments.
*         Demonstrated commitment to and potential for university-level teaching and learning in one or more of terrestrial laser scanning, airborne laser scanning, point cloud data analysis, spatial data modelling and photogrammetry.
*         A demonstrated commitment to develop and nurture effective and productive relationships within the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
*         Demonstrated capacity to make positive contributions in teams.

Remuneration
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation.

How to Apply
*         To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
*         For further information about this position, please contact Professor Matt King, Head of Discipline, Geography & Spatial Sciences, Matt.King at utas.edu.au or +61 3 6226 1974.
*         Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process

Matt King
Professor of Polar Geodesy | Head of Geography and Spatial Sciences
Discipline of Geography and Spatial Sciences | School of Technology, Environments and Design
Private Bag 76, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, 7001, Australia
Office: Room 225, "Old IMAS" Building (Sandy Bay Campus)
+61 3 6226 1974 | Matt.King at utas.edu.au<mailto:Matt.King at utas.edu.au> | Skype mattking_ncl | Twitter @DeformedEarth
http://www.utas.edu.au/profiles/staff/geography-spatial/matt-king www.utas.edu.au/geophysics<http://www.utas.edu.au/geophysics>
[cidimage005.gif at 01D4DEFC.797E1D20]
CRICOS 00586B