[unav_all] AGU Session T058: The Northern Canadian Cordillera: Tectonics, Petrology, Geochemistry, Geophysics, and Geology

Elliott, Julie L julieelliott at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 1 23:55:27 UTC 2019

Dear Colleages,

We hope you will consider our multidisiciplinary AGU session: “T058 - The northern Canadian Cordillera: tectonics, petrology, geochemistry, geophysics, and geology<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/79973>,”

The northern Canadian Cordillera, spanning from British Columbia north to the Yukon-Alaska border and the Beaufort Sea, is a complex seismogenic region consisting of accreted terranes and large-offset faults, past and present magmatism, multiple orogenic episodes, and a mantle with a complex array of inherited structures and striking velocity variations.  Several recent studies in the area and the EarthScope Transportable Array have generated new data sets and results and the region has been identified as having world-class science questions to be targeted by future multi-disciplinary/multi-sensor arrays (e.g., EON-ROSE).   We welcome contributions on the geochemistry, petrology, tectonics, geophysics, and seismology of the region, and encourage reports from the many recent studies as well as integrative summaries of the region.

We hope you will consider submitting an abstract<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/ModuleProgramBook/0> (deadline July 31, 2019).

Best regards,

Derek Schutt
Julie Elliott