[unav_all] Announcement for AGU session on Terrestrial Gravimetry (H027)

Marvin Reich mreich at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Jul 2 08:03:29 UTC 2019

Sorry for cross-posting !

Dear community,

I wanted to alert you on our new AGU session on Applied Terrestrial
Gravimetry: Monitoring and Modelling Environmental Processes.

As we know you work in this very field, we would strongly encourage you
to contribute to this session. It would be an honor!

Here is the link for the abstract submission, including further details
on the session:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/79376

Deadline is 31.07.2019 !

Session description:

Terrestrial gravimetry has gained significant importance throughout the
last decade for monitoring hydrological and other environmental processes.

Nevertheless, the complete workflow from instrumental operation to
interpretation of processed data is complex and requires broad and
detailed inter-disciplinary knowledge. The hydrological signal component
of gravity is a key example: while hydrologists want to use it for
hydrological process understanding and modelling, others need to remove
it as noise before further interpretation (e.g., in the fields of
volcanology, geodesy, reservoir monitoring in geothermal energy or
carbon storage).

This session aims at addressing all applied aspects of terrestrial
gravimetry, including but not limited to: innovative gravimeter
technologies, instrumental setups, monitoring strategies, data
processing, signal separation and environmental interpretation. We want
to encourage discussions from different user perspectives to sensitize
each other on respective challenges and to ultimately foster
trans-disciplinary cooperation towards advanced applications.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone who you think
would fit to this topic.

Best regards,

Marvin Reich

and co-conveners Jean Lautier-Gaud (Muquans), Jeff Kennedy (USGS) and
Andreas Güntner (GFZ)

Marvin Reich
Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section Hydrology
Raum 2.21, C 4
Telegrafenberg
14473 Potsdam, Germany