[unav_all] 2019 AGU Session 7526 - Integration of GNSS into Water Level Observation Networks: Priorities, Technologies, and Benefits

Craymer, Michael (NRCan/RNCan) michael.craymer at canada.ca
Sun Jul 7 15:51:45 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that we will be re-convening the following session at the AGU 2019 Fall Meeting. We encourage you to consider submitting an abstract to this focused session. We would also appreciate if you can forward this announcement to others with an interest in this topic. Please excuse any cross-posting redundancy as we seek to reach as many interested researchers as possible.

AGU Session G008 - Integration of GNSS into Water Level Observation Networks: Priorities, Technologies, and Benefits
Co-organized by: Geodesy and Ocean Sciences

Abstract
Tide and water level stations provide some of the longest and most meticulously-kept earth observation records, but these data were once only tied to local staffs or nearby bench marks on land. Integration of GNSS at these stations not only provides efficiencies in operational station maintenance cycles, but also adds value to these long-term water level records by connecting them to national and global reference frames and enabling the quantification of relative sea level trend components. Despite the recognized value of fusing these oceanographic and geodetic tools, only a subset of global water level stations fully leverage GNSS. This session invites the community to share new research that demonstrates the value of GNSS-linked or GNSS-enabled water level stations, exchange knowledge about best practices for instrumentation, and showcase innovative technologies or methodologies such as GNSS reflectometry that will advance reliable, effective, and informed use of GNSS in water level observation networks.

Full session details and an abstract submission link are available at https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/75267.
The deadline for abstract submissions is Wednesday, 31 July at 23:59 EDT.

Our session is strongly committed to supporting students and early career scientists in the field:

- If you are a student, please don't forget to opt in to the Outstanding Student Presentation Award program when submitting your abstract.
- If you are a student or early career scientist interested in taking on a leadership role within this session, please reach out to any one of the co-conveners about opportunities to get more involved.
- Everyone participating in this session is strongly encouraged to participate in the Mentoring365 program that AGU is piloting this year. Learn more and sign up at https://www2.agu.org/mentor.

We look forward to having you join us in San Francisco this December. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions!

Kind regards,
Nic Kinsman, NOAA National Geodetic Survey ( nicole.kinsman at noaa.gov)
Adria Schneck, NOAA Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (adria.schneck at noaa.gov
Michael Craymer, Canadian Geodetic Survey, Natural Resources Canada (michael.craymer at canada.ca)