[unav_all] AGU Session: G007. Improving volcano deformation interpretations with integrated multidisciplinary data

Montgomery-brown, Emily emontgomery-brown at usgs.gov
Wed Jul 10 22:45:19 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We hope you might be interested in submitting your work to the session we
are convening at the 2019 Fall AGU Meeting about improving the
interpretation of volcano deformation models through integrating
multidisciplinary data.  We will have invited talks by Paul Segall and
Alberto Roman, among other volunteered submissions. We hope you will join
us!

Emily, Alex, Ronni, and Paul

Session Title:

G007. *Improving volcano deformation interpretations with integrated
multidisciplinary data*
Session Description:

Deformation observations are a critical component of volcano monitoring,
and yet used in isolation they can raise many unanswerable questions, for
example, the type and density of fluids causing deformation, or the total
volume of eruptible magma. For this session, we seek presentations focused
on volcano deformation that integrate geological, geophysical or
geochemical data, or conceptual, experimental, analytical or numerical
modeling to reduce the ambiguities of interpreting deformation alone. We
are furthermore interested in studies that investigate time variable source
processes and source evolution constrained by non-geodetic observations, or
formally integrate data from multiple disciplines (joint inversions,
physics-based modeling, machine learning). Of interest are also
investigations into the performance and trade-offs between simple
analytical and more realistic and complex source models in time-constrained
monitoring or rapid-response settings that analyze impacts of model-biases
on interpretations and eruption forecast.

*Conveners*

Emily K. Montgomery-Brown
Ronni Grapenthin

Alessandro Bonforte

Paul Lundgren
Index Terms:

1240 Satellite geodesy: results [GEODESY AND GRAVITY]
1295 Integrations of techniques [GEODESY AND GRAVITY]
8485 Remote sensing of volcanoes [VOLCANOLOGY]
Cross-Listing(s):

Yes
NH - Natural Hazards
S - Seismology
T - Tectonophysics
V - Volcanology, Geochemistry and Petrology