[unav_all] AGU Session

Freymueller, Jeffrey freymuel at msu.edu
Mon Jul 22 13:46:31 UTC 2019

On behalf of my co-conveners, I invite you to  submit abstracts to our AGU session:

S019 - Harnessing the Earthscope Data Revolution Towards Convergence

Although it is listed in Seismology, we hope to have presentations that cover all types of EarthScope data.

EarthScope marked a geophysical data revolution during the first 15 years of the 21st century and amassed more than 100 Tb of openly accessible data, which are still informing theories on earthquake processes, near-surface processes, and deep structure beneath North America. The EarthScope program has closed and data collection is winding down. This is an opportunity to explore innovative ways to further mine and harness suboptimally-explored aspects of this data revolution. We encourage contributions that discuss novel approaches to 1) unifying research results and data sets, 2) connections to data and knowledge from fellow Earth and space disciplines, 3) new research questions inspired by Earthscope data analyses and interpretations, 4) potential for research and training reform, 5) new or virtual, or collaborative research infrastructure, 6) improving scientific outcomes by broadening participation, 7) understanding the changing Arctic, and related topics that advance our geoscientific understanding of North America and the planet.

We will have invited presentations by Michael Brudzinski (Miami University) and Elizabeth Berg (University of Utah).

Conveners
Suzan van der Lee
Jeff Freymueller
Brandon Schmandt
Michael Williams

Jeff
Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller
Endowed Chair for Geology of the Solid Earth
Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Michigan State University
URLs: https://ees.natsci.msu.edu/people/faculty/freymueller-jeffrey/,  https://msu.edu/~freymuel/