[unav_all] Yellowstone session at Fall AGU

Poland, Michael mpoland at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 23 21:53:16 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Just one more last-minute reminder about the Yellowstone and caldera -
themed session at the 2019 Fall AGU meeting:

*Session V029: Magmatic and Hydrothermal Activity of the Yellowstone
Plateau, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Volcano*

As we all know, Yellowstone is home to the densest concentration of
hydrothermal features in the world and is a site of diverse volcanism, from
small steam explosions to VEI8 eruptions and spanning compositions ranging
from basalt to rhyolite.  Recent research has highlighted the complexity of
Yellowstone's hydrothermal systems as well as the characteristics of past
eruptions, resulting in new paradigms for how Yellowstone works.

We welcome presentations that shed new light on magmatic and hydrothermal
activity within Yellowstone -- especially the diversity of research that
has been done in the past decade, including petrology, field volcanology,
geophysics, and geochemistry, and particularly studies that incorporate
multidisciplinary approaches.

The abstract submission deadline is July 31.  Abstracts can be submitted
via https://www2.agu.org/en/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Submit-an-abstract
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww2.agu.org%2Fen%2FFall-Meeting%2FPages%2FSubmit-an-abstract&data=02%7C01%7Ckluttrell%40lsu.edu%7C1b458fc3dd05434c2e7308d6f408c6f6%7C2d4dad3f50ae47d983a09ae2b1f466f8%7C0%7C0%7C636964715893687210&sdata=ZqJed3T5EWas2oxmhYOq2wRljHOm%2BzhKmBXsCP3vKns%3D&reserved=0>
.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco this December!

Karen Luttrell
Madison Myers
Mike Poland
Erin White

Michael Poland
Scientist-in-Charge, Yellowstone Volcano Observatory
Geophysicist, U.S. Geological Survey
1300 SE Cardinal Ct., Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98683-9589 USA

Phone: (360) 993-8906