[unav_all] AGU Session T004: Advances in Methods for Observing and Modeling Seismic and Aseismic Processes

Chris Rollins john.c.rollins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 17:21:24 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The AGU abstract deadline is July 31 at 23:59 EDT. We invite you to submit
an abstract to our AGU 2019 Fall Meeting session, "T004 - Advances in
Methods for Observing and Modeling Seismic and Aseismic Processes."

The session description is as follows:

Our ability to resolve aspects of the earthquake cycle continues to improve
with the ongoing development of new geodetic and modeling techniques. To
understand short-term and long-term tectonic processes in a complex earth,
it is crucial to 1) correctly separate the contributions made by seismic,
aseismic and non-tectonic deformation in data, and then 2) link these
observations to fault and bulk processes with a view of their
spatiotemporal complexities and interactions. We welcome new contributions
on: improved methods detect the signals of interest, new techniques to
invert these signals for robust interpretations of the physical processes
driving them (e.g. seismic vs. aseismic slip, off-fault deformation, etc.),
advances in modeling these processes using realistic physics, and any
combination of these and similar topics. The aim is to provide an
environment in which the observational and modeling communities can discuss
our understanding of seismic and aseismic processes and the development new
approaches.

You may submit an abstract to this session using the following URL:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/79655
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__agu.confex.com_agu_fm19_prelim.cgi_Session_79655&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=SU1FYRrfKBn58v1oM8NmOw&m=TkGv8oQoIErdJqfXcr828JHHFQ8J425XrtnTIgBrGPk&s=0_-4PdSPLwEuM7_8SFCTW44ZlZ3mSPPiGZMyQrCO470&e=>

Conveners:
Kali Allison, University of Maryland College Park
Chris Rollins, Michigan State University
Jessica Murray, US Geological Survey
Adriano Gualandi, California Institute of Technology

Invited speakers:
Jorge Jara, Ecole Normale Superiore de Paris
Louisa Tsang, Geoazur, Nice

--
Chris Rollins
Postdoctoral Researcher in Earth and Environmental Sciences, Michigan State
rollin32 at msu.edu