[unav_all] COMET InSAR Training Workshop 2019: Early Announcement

Comet comet at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 11:05:09 UTC 2019

Hello All,

This is an early announcement aimed at those needing to apply for a visa prior to entering the UK.
The Centre for Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes Volcanoes and Tectonics (COMET) will be holding a 3-day InSAR training workshop at the School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds, UK in the week commencing 11 November 2019.
The workshop is aimed at early postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers and will include a combination of informal lectures and practical exercises.
If you would like to attend the workshop we can provide an invitation letter for your visa application.
However, we are unable to provide further assistance with visa matters or correspond with embassies etc.
If you require a letter please respond to this email or write to comet at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:comet at nerc.ac.uk> as soon as possible and include the following information:

·         Your name

·         Your affiliation (i.e. position and institution)

·         A brief description of how you plan to incorporate InSAR data in your future research
Workshop details from 2018 can be found at the link below.
https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/comet-insar-training-workshop-2018/
A 2019 website and call for applicants will be launched soon.
Thank you.