[unav_all] Save the date: MCS RCN Megathrust Modeling Workshop

Lotto, Gabriel C gabriel at ig.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 15 22:05:02 UTC 2019

Megathrust Modeling Workshop - October 7-9, 2019 - www.sz4dmcs.org/megathrust-workshop<http://www.sz4dmcs.org/megathrust-workshop>
Dear colleagues,

Please save the date for the Modeling Collaboratory for Subduction (MCS) Research Collaboration Network's (RCN) second workshop, which will focus on Modeling Subduction Zone Megathrusts. The MCS RCN was funded by NSF in autumn 2018 to explore the establishment of an integrative community modeling framework for subduction (see www.sz4dmcs.org<http://www.sz4dmcs.org>).
The Megathrust Modeling Workshop will run from October 7-9, 2019, at the University of Oregon in Eugene. Remote participation will be available for those who cannot attend in person.

We aim to bring together a diverse group of scientists interested in modeling the megathrust at any spatial or temporal scale, to identify the disconnects and knowledge gaps in current megathrust models, and to synthesize existing modeling efforts.

Gabriel Lotto, PhD
Program Manager
Modeling Collaboratory for Subduction RCN
Institute for Geophysics
The University of Texas at Austin
gabriel at ig.utexas.edu<mailto:gabriel at ig.utexas.edu>