Congratulations to Kristine Larson

Rebecca Bendick bendick at unavco.org
Wed Apr 29 14:52:57 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

It is with great respect and not a little awe that I share with you the news that Dr. Kristine Larson, Professor Emerita, University of Colorado was elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Dr. Larson is one of 120 new members and 26 international members recognized for their distinguished and continuing achievement in original research. Kristine's contributions to geophysics and geodesy have transformed our community by expanding the limits of what GPS can do.  Some of the most exciting recent discoveries in hydrogeodesy are built on a foundation of her unique combination of creativity and technical prowess.

We also owe Kristine a debt of gratitude for all of the service she has provided to UNAVCO and the geodesy community over the years.  She exemplifies a model of service and scholarship that inspires me every day.

Please join me in congratulating Kristine on this well deserved honor.

National Academy of Sciences Elects New Members <http://www.nasonline.org/news-and-multimedia/news/2020-nas-election.html>
Rebecca Bendick
bendick at unavco.org