Thank you Chuck Meertens

Hamburger, Michael W. hamburg at indiana.edu
Wed Jul 8 14:21:34 UTC 2020

Another (socially distanced) toast to our friend and colleague--the heart and soul (and guiding spirit) of our geodetic community!  Chuck, we are so lucky to have you as part of our UNAVCO family for four decades!

Best wishes for a well-deserved retirement!

Michael Hamburger

P.S.  Here are a couple of snapshots from the 2015 AGU meeting where Chuck was awarded the AGU Ivan Mueller award<https://honors.agu.org/sfg-awardees/meertens-receives-2015-ivan-i-mueller-award-for-distinguished-service-and-leadership/> (for distinguished leadership and service).  Couldn’t have gone to a better guy!

Michael Hamburger

Professor of Geophysics

Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences

Indiana University, Geology 415

Bloomington, IN  47405 USA

Email:   hamburg at indiana.edu

Phone  (812) 855-2934