[EXTERNAL] Re: Thank you Chuck Meertens

Bawden, Gerald W. (HQ-DK000) gerald.w.bawden at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 8 17:48:33 UTC 2020

Congratulations Chuck!  You have been the backbone of the geodetic community and we will continue to benefit from your efforts and vision for years to come.  I so greatly appreciate your knack at recognizing emerging technologies (hardware, algorithms, processing strategies, etc.), understanding how they could best be used across the geodetic sciences, and implementing them well before we realized that it was a need…thank you.

Best wishes with all that awaits you around the corner.  I suspect that it will be some combination that includes bikes, backpacks, boats, beer, and a bass guitar – enjoy.  I hope that our paths continue to cross from time to time.

                        ….Gerald

Gerald Bawden, Ph.D.
NASA Headquarters – Earth Science
     Program Manager: Geodetic Imaging, Natural Hazards Research -- Earth Surface & Interior
     Focus Area Lead: Water and Energy Cycle
     Program Scientist: NISAR, UAVSAR (P-, L-, Ka bands), SDC, GNSS Science Team
     NASA Principal: Satellite Needs Working Group
Washington, DC  20546-0001
o) 1-202-358-3922    m)1-202-316-6974