AGU Session: T018 - New insights into the nature and effects of slow slip

Roland Burgmann burgmann at seismo.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 20 18:26:59 UTC 2020

Dear friends of slow fault slip,

Please consider submitting your AGU abstract to our session

*T018 - New insights into the nature and effects of slow slip*

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/103000

**

Understanding the nature of slow slip is crucial for the evaluation of
stress accumulation on hazardous faults. Thanks to modern geophysical
techniques that enable detailed exploration of slow slip behavior in
space and time, there has been significantly improved knowledge on
where, how, and why faults slip slowly across scales. We look forward to
seeing (1) new observations that provide constraints on the
spatiotemporal distribution of slow slip at depth, (2) investigations on
the factors controlling the magnitude, recurrence, timing of slow slip
events and the interplay between seismic and aseismic slip events. We
especially encourage presentations that demonstrate the value of
interdisciplinary approaches and the integration of diverse datasets.

**

Invited Speakers:

Luca Dal Zilio, Caltech

Mathilde Radiguet, ISTerre, Grenoble, France

This session echoes a special issue of JGR on fault creep that is open
for submission until March 2021 and aims to attract multi-disciplinary
contributions from geological, geophysical, experimental, and modeling
studies of slow slip.
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/toc/10.1002/(ISSN)2169-9356.FAULTCREEP1

Conveners,

Kate Chen & Roland Bürgmann