SZ4D Land- and Sea-scapes Webinar: 6/26/20 @ 11AM PDT

Mong-Han Huang mhhuang at umd.edu
Sun Jun 21 13:55:24 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We would like you to participate in an upcoming webinar from the
Subduction Zones in 4D (SZ4D) Landscapes and Seascapes working group, to be
held on June 26, 2020 at 11AM PDT. The SZ4D, or Subduction Zones in Four
Dimensions effort is a research-community driven initiative in the U.S. to
investigate the processes that underlie subduction zone hazards. An
NSF-funded planning group is now working to map out a potential
decadal-scale program in integrated science of subduction and seeks wide
community input.

In this one-hour webinar, you will learn what SZ4D is, meet the Landscapes
and Seascapes working group, and learn about our efforts to develop a
vision and framework to study the impacts of great subduction zone
earthquakes and volcanic eruptions on sediment generation and transport and
the building and shaping of landscapes and seascapes. There will be ample
time reserved for Q&A. We look forward to your suggestions, feedback,
and guidance. Come join us!

Pre-Registration is required to join this webinar. You can pre-register at
the following address:
https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAkd-6qrz8qE9OfMiYN16_YXPuIkt7LLgXb
<https://slack-redir.net/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwashington.zoom.us%2Fmeeting%2Fregister%2FtJAkd-6qrz8qE9OfMiYN16_YXPuIkt7LLgXb&v=3>

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

There will be an opportunity for questions during the webinar. If you like,
you may also pre-submit a question for the webinar using this form, and we
will try to address them during the session. There will be a recording of
the webinar posted, and so if you can’t make it, we will try to leave you
an answer during the webinar.

If you don’t know about the SZ4D, and are interested in learning about the
broad vision of the effort and how surface processes plays a role in
the SZ4D, you can view the recorded webinar at:
https://www.sz4d.org/webinar1
<https://slack-redir.net/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sz4d.org%2Fwebinar1&v=3>

Best,

Alison Duvall, George Hilley, and the rest of the working group