Request for Information for hosting future geophysics facility

Donna Charlevoix donnac at unavco.org
Mon Jun 22 15:30:00 UTC 2020

UNAVCO and The Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (IRIS),
both university consortia, are interested in identifying member
institutions that may be willing to host one or more functions of a future
(post-2023) merged UNAVCO-IRIS organization (referred to hereafter as “new
organization”).

We are seeking expressions of interest from UNAVCO and IRIS member
institutions, located in the United States, to host one or more functions
of the new organization, which would support any future NSF-funded
geophysical facility operated by the new organization. Responses to this
Request for Information (RFI) will be used for planning purposes and to
ensure that any subsequent Request for Proposals (RFP) is well conceived
and framed to take advantage of the full range of opportunities that host
institutions may provide. We expect an RFP will be used to select one or
more partners that will be part of our proposal team when the new
organization responds to the anticipated NSF solicitation for the
GAGE-SAGE follow-on facility.

The RFI can be found on the IRIS website
<https://www.iris.edu/hq/news/story/geophysical_facility_rfi>. You will
find additional explanation, context, and instructions for responding.