Nominations open for student representative to OpenTopography Advisory Committee

Ramon Arrowsmith ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu
Tue Jun 23 20:33:34 UTC 2020

OpenTopography is guided by an advisory committee<https://opentopography.org/about/ac> which represents OpenTopography users and partners and provides valuable input on decisions related to OpenTopography priorities for data ingestion, interoperability relationships, algorithm and tool deployment, collaborations, and education and community engagement. We seek a graduate student (M.S. or Ph.D.) to join the advisory committee and represent the interests of emerging scientists who interact with OpenTopography. Responsibilities are participation in quarterly committee meetings. Under non pandemic conditions, one of the quarterly meetings will be face-to-face if possible. Travel is paid by OpenTopography.

We welcome nominations from the community as well as self nominations. Please send a short description of interest and experience and include a brief (NSF-style) curriculum vitae to: ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu<mailto:ramon.arrowsmith at asu.edu> by July 1, 2020. We expect to make the appointment by August 1, 2020.

Many thanks and congratulations to Dr. Robert Sare who has been our graduate student member and is now graduating!